The wonderful Keren David, author of the ‘When I Was Joe’ series and last year’s brilliant ‘This is Not a Love Story’, is back with another gritty UKYA contemporary novel. And we are dying to get our hands on it!
Here’s what ‘Cuckoo’ is all about:
Jake is an actor, a household name thanks to his role on the UK’s most popular soap. But his character went upstairs to his bedroom six months ago and never came down again, and now Jake is facing an uncertain future. Add to that his dad’s anger issues, the family’s precarious finances and the demands of a severely autistic brother; Jake’s home feels like a powder keg waiting to explode. It’s easier to spend nights on friends’ sofas and futons, but what happens when you feel like a cuckoo in every nest?
So are you are primed and ready? Here’s the cover!
‘Cuckoo’ will be released on 4th August by Atom.
What do you think of the cover? Tell us if you’ll be adding it to your wishlist at @maximumpopbooks!
- Five fantastic YA reads, recommended by you, that really open your eyes to eating disorders
- We spent an afternoon at Faber finding out all their bookish secrets – check it out
- ‘Front Lines’ by Michael Grant looks beautiful on Insta
- MP! EXCLUSIVE: the official World Book Day Teen Fest Online Line Up – with Rainbow Rowell, Sally Green & MORE
- Happy ever afters, Brooklyn coffee shops & love without language: a Q&A with Tommy Wallach
- LGBT titles coming 2016 you’ll want to add to your TBR
- Check out the cover for Alice Oseman’s ‘Radio Silence’: “the colours are incredible”