A few years back, Kate Brian’s epic 14-book ‘Private’ series was at the top of YA. It spawned two prequels and a six-book spin-off series. It was the same kind of delicious fun as ‘Pretty Little Liars’ and Cecily von Ziegesar’s ‘Gossip Girl’ and ‘The It Girl’ series’ . But now that we’ve been bereft of ‘Gossip Girl’ for a while, it’s about time we got another snarky, glossy story on our screens. Enter ‘Private’.
The novel is set to be adapted by the writer and executive producer of Lifetime’s ‘Unreal’, Stacey Rukeyser, and it will be produced Alloy Entertainment. The series was actually turned into a web series by Alloy back in 2009, though it wasn’t hugely successful.
‘Private’ tells the story of Reed Brennan who arrives at the prestigious Easton Academy on a scholarship. She quickly becomes one of the Billings Girls – the most beautiful and the most powerful girls on campus, but also the ones with the darkest secrets.
We think that this film is going to be lot of fun! Share your thoughts at @maximumpopbooks!
- We spent an afternoon at Faber finding out all their bookish secrets – check it out
- ‘Front Lines’ by Michael Grant looks beautiful on Insta
- MP! EXCLUSIVE: the official World Book Day Teen Fest Online Line Up – with Rainbow Rowell, Sally Green & MORE
- Happy ever afters, Brooklyn coffee shops & love without language: a Q&A with Tommy Wallach
- LGBT titles coming 2016 you’ll want to add to your TBR