Kami Garcia, author of the ‘Legion’ duology and one half of the team behind the ‘Beautiful Creatures’ series, and Jonathan Maberry, author of the ‘Rot and Ruin’ series and many ‘Marvel’ comics, are taking the reins on ‘The X-Files Origins’, two YA novels centering around Mulder and Scully from ‘The X-Files’ as teenagers!
The relaunch of the beloved TV series has caused a whole new generation to fall in love with the supernatural-battling FBI agents Mulder and Scully so we’re not all that surprised that teens are eager for more from them!
Kami Garcia is writing ‘Agent of Chaos’, which is 17-year-old Fox Mulder’s story, and Jonathan Maberry will be tackling 15-year-old Dana Scully in ‘Devil’s Advocate’. Both stories will be set in 1979 when stories of the occult and government conspiracy were all the rage and lead Mulder and Scully on the path to becoming the FBI agents portrayed by David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in the cult TV show.
‘Agent of Chaos’ and ‘Devil’s Advocate’ are both set to be published by Macmillan in January 2017.
How excited for this are you? Or are you new to ‘The X-Files’ and super intrigued? Tell us at @maximumpopbooks!
- We spent an afternoon at Faber finding out all their bookish secrets – check it out
- ‘Front Lines’ by Michael Grant looks beautiful on Insta
- MP! EXCLUSIVE: the official World Book Day Teen Fest Online Line Up – with Rainbow Rowell, Sally Green & MORE
- Happy ever afters, Brooklyn coffee shops & love without language: a Q&A with Tommy Wallach
- LGBT titles coming 2016 you’ll want to add to your TBR