We’re always so pleased when an #ownvoices book joins the YA world – we need to see everyone represented on our shelves. And we’ve just heard of the news of a brand new one. It also happens to sound excellent.
‘If I Was Your Girl’ is a debut novel inspired by the experiences of the author, Meredith Russo, as a trans woman.
Stephanie King, commissioning editor at Usborne: “Written with honesty, depth and, ultimately, optimism, ‘If I Was Your Girl’ examines what it takes and what it means to have the strength of character to be who you truly are with disarming openness and warmth. Like all the best books it made me laugh, it made me cry, it had me hooked and it made me think.”
‘If I Was Your Girl’ will be published by Usborne in June 2016.
How excited for this are you? Tell us at @maximumpopbooks!
- We spent an afternoon at Faber finding out all their bookish secrets – check it out
- ‘Front Lines’ by Michael Grant looks beautiful on Insta
- MP! EXCLUSIVE: the official World Book Day Teen Fest Online Line Up – with Rainbow Rowell, Sally Green & MORE
- Happy ever afters, Brooklyn coffee shops & love without language: a Q&A with Tommy Wallach
- LGBT titles coming 2016 you’ll want to add to your TBR
- Check out the cover for Alice Oseman’s ‘Radio Silence’: “the colours are incredible”