It’s summer, which means it’s the opportune time for a summer romance. That, and making our Instagram’s actual #Goals with all the scenic views and sun-kissed selfies.
If you’re a bit of a lost cause when it comes to love, we’ve got some top tips to land yourself a catch. Who better to get tips from than Sid the Sloth, the original Casanova himself?! Eh… Trust us? If you’re not convinced, at least keep reading for the amazing ‘Ice Age: Collision Course’ bundle we’ve got up for grabs.
First and foremost, be yourself. There’s no point pretending to be someone you’re not. If they can’t love you for who you are, they ain’t worth it and should take a hike. You deserve to be loved, flaws and all.
For your first date, think of something cute and fun that you’ll both be comfortable doing. Ideally, it’ll be so good you’ll be talking about it for years to come and it’ll be a great story for those future sloth cubs. 😉
Safety Squad: We know first dates are filled with excited nerves, but don’t forget to execute Stranger Danger and let your friends and fam know where you’re off to on those initial few dates.
Be on time for your date. Try and plan for all possible travel disasters! It’s not a job interview or anything, but you don’t want to make a bad first impression!
On your first date, you don’t want to be pulling any pranks. If you’re serious about getting to know this person, you can’t be joking around just yet. Also, bear in mind you don’t know this persons limits yet. Your pranking could make them feel a lil uncomfortable.
Make sure you’ve scrubbed yourself up well, because you are hot and we want you to make sure your date knows exactly what’s up. Also, you want to be avoiding something like this happening…
We know when love is in the air and it feels like love at first sight, you might feel like getting a bit carried away. But hold your horses and rein in the marriage proposals for now. Take your time and just enjoy the early stages of being young and in love.
Don’t overdo it on the chin selfies and copious heart-eye emojis initially, but still be cute and funny and your usual marvellous self. Remember if they don’t like it, they don’t deserve you.
Now get your dating butt into gear and get drunk on summer luuuuurve.
And perhaps take the edge off of your first date by watching ‘Ice Age: Collision Course’ together to get you both warmed up. See how Sid does it with his love interest, Brooke (voiced by none other than Jessie J!) in cinemas this Friday, the 15th July.
Now that you’re feeling confident about dating, we’d love to give five of you the chance to win some ‘Ice Age’ goodies. All you have to do is follow the instructions in the tweet below. The giveaway closes on the 20th July and is open to UK ONLY.
The winners are @ShannenCarrigan, @chloesjp, @jessicakarenx, @x_walter and @PINKTEEGAN. Congratulations! You will be contacted via Twitter shortly.
All done? We wish you the best of luck in both our wonderful ‘Ice Age’ giveaway and your endeavours to find love. Tweet us @maximumpop and let us know how it goes!
The all important Ts&Cs:
- Competition will open at 13th July
- Competition will close at 20th July and entries sent after the closing date will not be considered
- Entrants must be over the age of 13
- Competition is open to UK residents only
- To enter users must Follow + RT the relevant tweet @maximumpop
- Prize for 5 (FIVE) winners is 1 (ONE) Ice Age: Collision Course sticker book,1 (ONE) Ice Age: Collision Course character magnet, 1 (ONE) Ice Age: Collision Course 3d Jigsaw, 1 (ONE) Ice Age: Collision Course paddle ball, 1 (ONE) Ice Age: Collision Course character stamper, 1 (ONE) Ice Age: Collision Course lunch bag, 1 (ONE) Ice Age: Collision Course stationary set, 1 (ONE) Ice Age: Collision Course flask, 1 (ONE) Ice Age: Collision Course T-Shirt (medium)
- Winners will be picked at random for all eligible entrants
- The winner will be notified via Twitter direct message and their full postal address requested for prize fulfilment
- The prize will be delivered to the winners within 28 days of confirmation of delivery address
- Failure to reply to notification within 1 week will void the prize and another winner will be picked from the remaining valid entries
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions
- Winner’s name, address and contact details will be requested for prize fulfilment
- Winner’s name, address and contact details may be passed to a third party provider for prize fulfilment
- The editors decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into