If you’re looking for a book to inject some excitement into those rainy summer days, something to whisk you away into a world of paparazzi, VIP parties and attractive boys – then Paige Toon has got the series for you. And with book 2 of the Jessie Jefferson series a current favourite on MP!’s book shelf, we couldn’t wait to hear what other reviewers were saying.
“Life as the undercover daughter of a rock god isn’t going to be easy. How will Jessie adjust to her old boring life again after spending her summer living it up with her dad in LA? With tough decisions ahead (and not just choosing between two hot boys), can she cope juggling her two very different lives? Summer may be over, but Jessie’s story is just beginning…”
Kirsty at Overflowing Library said, ” I always enjoy a Paige Toon book and this book was no exception” and that though Jessie “isn’t always the most likeable of characters…seeing her coming to terms with what it means to be the long lost daughter of a rockstar is really interesting.”
Rachel from Rachel’s Random Reads also mentioned how this book can be read as a stand alone but, “I am so glad I had read the first one, as I find with series, the more you read, the better you get to know and love the characters.”
On top of that, she said, “It is witty, upbeat and entertaining and just perfect to read over the summer holidays.”
What do you think? Are you loving ‘I Knew You Were Trouble’ as much as Kirsty and Rachel?
More bookish articles?
- Find out who Jenn Bennett would cast as Jack and Beatrix if ‘Night Owls’ was a movie
- Win 10 limited edition proof copies of ‘Night Owls’ for you and your mates
- Amy Alward tells you what it’s like to be an editor for Zoella
- Check out the ace trailer for ‘The Potion Diaries’
- MP! Review: Kiera Cass’s ‘The Heir’ is just what you need for a girls’ night in
- MP! talks to Ally Carter, author of ‘All Fall Down’
- Why we wish we got invites to the launch party for ‘The Last Ever After’ by Soman Chainani