The Brit nominees have been announced and lots of our faves including One Direction and Little Mix are in the running to win an award! Some categories require your say by voting and obvs you want your faves to win, right? But for that to happen, you need to make sure you’re voting correctly. Allow us to help you with this handy little guide on how to vote.
How to vote for ‘British Artist Video of the Year Award’
- The method of voting for this award is via Twitter (which you lot all slay at using)
- To vote for your favourite, you can tweet ONCE per day and per account
- You must make sure you use the correct hashtag. EG: #BRITBLACKMAGIC or #BRITDRAGMEDOWN – you can find the correct hashtag over on the official Brits Twitter @Brits
- Got more than one fave? Lucky for you, you can vote more than one act! Just make sure your vote tweet is separate AKA you can’t add both hashtags in one tweet
- RETWEETS DO NOT COUNT. We know. It sucks. What happened to teamwork, eh? But rules are rules, people.
- In order for your tweet vote to be valid your account MUST NOT be private. Otherwise nobody can see your tweet and that’s like talking to a wall, which is silly.
- There are 5 voting periods during stage one and during each period, nominees will be eliminated. Now pay attention and mark your calendars for when voting and closing starts so your tweets count:
Period 1 opens at 22.40 (GMT) on Thursday 14 January and closes at 12.00 (GMT) on Friday 22 January 2016
Period 2 opens at 15.00 (GMT) on Friday 22 January and closes at 12.00 (GMT) on Friday 29 January 2016
Period 3 opens at 15.00 (GMT) on Friday 29 January and closes at 12.00 (GMT) on Friday 5 February 2016
Period 4 opens at 15.00 (GMT) on Friday 5 February and closes at 12.00 (GMT) on Friday 12 February 2016
Period 5 opens at 15.00 (GMT) on Friday 12 February and closes at 12.00 (GMT) on Friday 19 February 2016
- It’s important to vote EVERY period because after the votes have been counted from the closed period, the vote gets reset to 0 and your previous votes no longer count, so vote EVERY WEEK! Unless your fave gets eliminated, then there’s no point.
- After all five voting periods have finished, the final 5 will proceed to stage two of voting. This will take place during the awards on the 24th February and you basically vote the same as you did for stage one. The act with the most votes wins!
Good luck and may the odds ever be in your favour.