It’s here. We’ve reached the end of our series about starting up a book blog *sobs*. But we know you’ll be alright now, so we’re just going to leave you with some inspiration.
Here are some of our very favourite book blogs.
Lucy is the Queen of UKYA! Not only has she been blogging at Queen of Contemporary since 2012, she’s the founder of the incredibly successful weekly Twitter chat #ukyachat and she also runs a booktube channel called LucyTheReader – she’s a powerhouse and she’s still only a teenager. Lucy’s going to take over the world.
Carly is a superhero. Not only does she run her own freelance copywriting business, she’s been running Writing from the Tub since 2010. Carly’s review are short and punchy and she reads all across the board. She’s also super funny. We love her.
Viv, who has run Serendipity Reviews since way back in 2009, is a blogging superstar. She’s the queen of wonderful features, is no stranger to putting on a blogger-run blog tour for something she feels strongly about and it just a bit lovely really.
And a few that aren’t strictly book blogs, but are written by book bloggers or ex-bloggers and are just wonderful.
Caitlin had a book blog a few years AGO, but stopped blogging when she moved to London. Now she’s back home and blogging on Chronically Caitlin with her experiences with Joint Hypermobility Syndrome and all matter of other lifestyle bits and pieces. These posts are really brilliant.
Run and owned by book blogger Jess of Jess Hearts Books, Safe Space is a wonderful blog celebrating all things about being a girl with honesty, humour and a complete lack of judgement. Topics range from mental health to body image to sexism. Most of the team members are actually book bloggers or bookish people!
Previous Posts in the Series
How to Start a Book Blog: The Basics
How to Start a Book Blog: Proof Copies, Part 1
How to Start a Book Blog: Proof Copies, Part 2
How to Start a Book Blog: What Should I Write About?
How to Start a Book Blog: Getting Author Content
How to Start a Book Blog: Blog Tours
How to Start a Book Blog: Running a Giveaway
How to Start a Book Blog: Joining the Community
How to Start a Book Blog: Navigating the Publishing Industry
How to Start a Book Blog: How to Self-Promote
If you’ve still got questions about blogging, tweet us at @maximumpopbooks!
- 12 of the best YA that deal with grief and loss
- Wattpad Writers: ‘Dark and Dangerous Love’ author Molly Night shares her writing process + win 250 radish coins!
- MP! Reads: Liz Kessler reads from ‘Read Me Like a Book’ and it will make you feel stuff
- You’ll want to read these ‘These Shallow Graves’ over and over again
- How to start a book blog: how to self promote
- Enter our ‘pets and pages’ photo competition and win many Morgan Matson goodies!
- Quiz: which John Green book are you, really?
- Bookshelf tours, hauls and filming on her iPhone: A Q&A with Jen Campbell
- WIN! 1 of 20 signed copies of ‘These Shallow Graves’ by Jennifer Donnelly – 1 for you and 1 for a friend!