All the girls in Goldy Moldavsky’s ‘Kill the Boy Band’ want to do is meet The Ruperts. After they can’t get tickets to an intimate Thanksgiving show they do the next best thing – book a room in the boys’ hotel. From there follows kidnapping, death and some seriously fractured friendships.
But how can you meet your faves without any of that palaver?
- Sign up to a band’s mailing lists and follow them on social media – that’s where they’ll announce meet and greets!
- Head to the venue super early. You never know who’ll be wandering around…
- Go to the merch stall! Lots of bands spend time at the merch stands and are happy to say hi to to fans after the show or while the supports are playing.
- Support bands sometimes stand at the back of the crowd to watch the main acts play, especially at smaller, niche venues like London’s ‘Underworld’, ‘Scala’ and ‘Barfly’ and ‘Koko’.
- If you’re old enough, the bar is often a good bet, too!
What’s your best advice for meeting band members? Let us know at @maximumpopbooks!
- 6 reasons why you should totally join our mailer
- What the heck were we obsessing over in 2007?
- We’ve got the perfect books to get you in the mood for summer
- Electric Monkey are publishing four new books from David Levithan!
- Evil twins are a staple in pop culture, but who are our favourites? Find out right here!
- Can you guess the book behind the Snapchat filter?
- A guide to literary Bristol
- The best part about booktube, finding the community, and being yourself online: a Q&A with booktuber gracewithabookinherface
- 9 reasons you should read the book before you watch the film
- Why should you read ‘A Court of Mist and Fury’ – the romance? The world-building? The badass ladies? All of the above!