The wonderful Holly Bourne is bringing the Spinster Club to us!
Holly is going on tour to spread the word about her brilliant trilogy and get people talking about feminism and mental health and we’re so excited. Holly is one of the most important voices in UKYA right now and she deserves all of the success Amber, Evie and Lottie have brought her.
A few of Holly’s events are sold out, but you can find everything you need to know about the events on Holly’s Tumblr.
We seriously wish we could go to all of them…
Here’s where Holly is heading this Autumn:
Saturday 8th October
- Cheltenham Festival
- Feminism Rules panel event with Holly Smale, CJ Daugherty and chaired by Anna James. Tickets include gift bag and a mocktail!
- The Pillar Room, 6:00pm – 7:15pm. SOLD OUT.
Tuesday 11th of October
- International Day of the Girl
- Holly will be kicking off proceedings with Speed Mentoring in the London Eye – it’s Invite only but the Southbank have an entire day packed with inspiring activities for girls aged 11 – 18.
Friday 14th October
- Dept Con 2
- Holly will be joining YA author Juno Dawson for a panel event at Ireland’s biggest Young Adult conference.
- Tivoli Theatre, Dublin, 6.30-7.30pm. SOLD OUT. But the lovely folks at @Maximumpopbooks will be live tweeting the whole event for those of you unable to attend.
Saturday 15th October
- Southbank YA Weekender
- How Hard Can Love Be? Holly joins Femi Martin and Steven Camden for a funny and honest discussion exploring love in all its forms, chaired by Sarah Shaffi.
- The Clore Ballroom at Royal Festival Hall, 1.30pm – 2.15pm
Saturday 22nd October
- YA Shot
- Terms of Endearment: feminism and the portrayal of romance in YA. Harriet Reuter Hapgood, Rachel McIntyre, and Holly Smale discuss, chaired by our very own Holly Bourne.
- Hillingdon Civic Centre, 15.30-16.25. Full day passes still available – and lots of top notch events to see !
Sunday 23rd October
- Guardian Teen Book Festival
- Hear Holly and her fellow panellists delve into their teenage years in this Growing Up panel event with Juno Dawson, and Hayley Long.
- Unicorn Theatre, 3.30pm – 4.30pm. Tickets £8.
Thursday 10th November
- Spinster Club tour: Waterstones Manchester
- Join Holly in conversation with Liz Flanagan as they discuss the end of the ‘Spinster Club’ trilogy and saying goodbye to Evie, Amber and Lottie. Holly will also talk about the launch of the Spinster Club Hub, and how to start your own club.
- Waterstones Deansgate, 18:30, Tickets are £4.
Make sure you’re up to date with the Spinster Club and grab yourself a copy of ‘What’s a Girl Gotta Do?’ right here.
Will you be meeting Holly when she’s on the road? Tell us in the comments below.
- Lauren Oliver spoke to MP! about what’s coming next and we’re already excited
- We need 20 lucky MP!ers to read & review this 100% LGBT story
- QUIZ: Think you can pass our impossible Spinster Club trivia quiz? You’re on!
- 9 of the most gorgeous Jennifer Niven quotes that will give you all the feels
- QUIZ: Think you know your Potter? Who said it: Fred or George Weasley?
- Why this book about a geeky feminist model has been blazing a feminist trail