Can you believe that it’s been TEN YEARS since the release of the original High School Musical movie? We’re suddenly feeling super old.
10 years since Troy, Gabriella, Sharpay and the rest of the Wildcats took over our lives and had us singing and dancing at every possible moment.
With a fourth instalment in production and looking to premiere in 2017, we decided to chuck on our best investigators hat and do some necessary snooping to find out just what the High School Musical guys are up to now.
1) Zac Efron: Troy’s been keeping particularly busy since his HSM days, starring in four films this year alone including the upcoming ‘Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates’ and ‘Dirty Grandpa’. He’s also set to star in Baywatch in 2017.
2) Ashley Tisdale: Ashley has also been keeping busy, starring in various TV shows and films for Disney and other companies. She won the starring role in ‘Scary Movie 5’ in 2013 and more recently has been teasing new music; even releasing an independent single ‘You’re Always Here’
3) Vanessa Hudgens: Vanessa took a step back from music to focus on her acting career and in January 2016 joined Carly Rae Jepsen for Grease: Live. She also looks set to star in a new TV series called ‘Powerless’ in 2017.
4) Lucas Grabeel: Following his time in HSM, Lucas appeared in a number of movies and can now be found on family drama ‘Switched At Birth’. He’s also provided voices for Family Guy and The Cleveland Show.
5) Corbin Bleu: Corbin has maintained a steady career with various acting roles and two albums. He was also a contestant on ‘Dancing With The Stars’ in 2013 and got married to fellow actress Sasha Clements in July 2016.
6) Monique Coleman: Gabriella’s best friend Taylor also made an appearance on ‘Dancing With The Stars’ and has voiced a character on ‘The Cleveland Show’. She has a number of upcoming movie and TV roles but her main focus is on her charity work, especially with Gimme Mo’; a online platform to inspire and motivate today’s youth.
Drop us a line @maximumpop if you’re still a High School Musical fan. Looking forward to the next instalment? We’d love to hear from you.