Here in the UK, we’re experiencing our 7 days of intense summer and BOY does our hair not appreciate it. When us frizzy hair gals suddenly look like Mia Thermopolis pre-Princess, we sure ain’t happy about leaving the house. These beasts cannot be tamed. We’re all for rocking your natural look but hello – this level of volume is no longer normal.
Now, let us say a silent prayer for our sisters affected by the current heatwave:
*Screams in distress*
— Jay Para (@para_journalism) July 19, 2016
Looking at Monica in these scenes from Friends is like looking in a mirror right now:
It's way too hot to blow dry my hair so I'm just going to have to be a frizz ball tomorrow pic.twitter.com/k9gvOGvIFU
— Hannah 🐭 (@hannahrainey_) July 18, 2016
If you got it, rock it:
My favourite part of a British heatwave is arriving at meetings looking like I back-combed my hair after jogging through a sprinkler.
— strangerbabble (@strangerbabble) July 19, 2016
Even the heatwave can’t stop the Pokémon hunters:
— Jan (@JanTweetTweets) July 19, 2016
If only this was after her hair transformation:
— Ouissal (@_ouissal_) July 7, 2016
This can go on our CV right?
We didn’t know Schrodinger theorised about hair too, but we feel ya:
— Jenni Lathrop (@JenniLathrop) July 21, 2016
We would LOVE to be compared to Emma Watson any other time of the year, but seriously?
How are you and your luscious locks holding up in the summer heat? Tweet us @maximumpop!
- These #mermaidproblems will make you feel better about being just plain human
- 9 tweets you’ll only understand if you’re a die-hard directioner
- 13 tweets which show how hilariously unprepared we British are for the summer
- “There’s a Squirtle in my bra!”: I played Pokémon Go for 24 hours and this is what I learned
- 9 tweets only people who grew up with braces know to be true
- The ultimate pet quiz: dogs or cats – who do you love more? Find out in our creepily accurate quiz