The wait is nearly over. We’ve been counting down the days till Harry Styles hits the big screen in ‘Dunkirk’ and if our dodgy Maths skills are anything to go by there’s only 15 sleeps to go!
‘Dunkirk’ is due out on 21st July and if you’re a die hard Directioner like most of MP!’s readers are, the date has probably been in your diary for months and months now. In fact, Directioners probs know more about the war flick than us.
Either way, we thought we’d brief y’all anyway. After all, you can never have too much Harry Styles info and some of these officially unofficial ‘Dunkirk’ “facts” will leave your friends gob smacked when you casually drop them into conversation.
You can thank us later.
1. ‘Dunkirk’ is essentially a war film
A group of soldiers lead by Corporal “Tubby” Bins (John Mills), stranded in France, must make their way to the shores of Dunkirk in hopes of a rescue. Back in Britain, Charles Foreman (Bernard Lee), a newspaper reporter, desperately tries to raise awareness among the public of the horrible reality of the war. When the British navy calls for all civilian ships to aid in a rescue, Foreman takes out his own small boat and attempts to bring Tubby and his men home safely.
2. Christopher Nolan is the movie’s producer and director
3. Harry plays a character is called Alex
GIF • Harry in the new #Dunkirk trailer
Alex: “What’s wrong with your friend?” pic.twitter.com/EASKSqkf3B
— Harry Styles Updates (@BestDailyHarry) 6 July 2017
4. Christopher wanted the cast to include unknown actors
He told the LA Times:
‘But for the guys on the beach, we really wanted young unknowns. [Harry’s] not that unknown, but he’d never done anything as an actor before. So he auditioned. I auditioned literally thousands of young men with different combinations of young men. And he had it.’
Alongside Harry, up-and-comers like Fionn Whitehead, Tom Glynn Carney and Jack Lowden also have roles in the film.
5. According to some insiders, Alex is supposed to have a really bad temper
so Alex, Harry’s character in Dunkirk is said to have bad temper and he throws stuff around bc of it pic.twitter.com/uXsfUWBm6m
— azalea (@rosedhes) 3 July 2017
6. Others are saying he’s a complete sweetheart, though
Harry’s character in Dunkirk is a friendly guy trying to lighten the mood & make friends.Don’t dare tell me Nolan picked the wrong guy EVER
— ㅤ (@harrysvinyI_) 6 July 2017
7. Harry’s got an accent in the film and it’ll leave you shook
I just realized that Harry’s speeches in Dunkirk aren’t going to be like the way he talks in real life and I’m fucked up ok
— naro (@larryareathome) 6 July 2017
— Harry Styles Updates (@BestDailyHarry) July 6, 2017
9. Harry’s incredibly passionate about the movie
Harry on why he chose to act in Dunkirk. pic.twitter.com/WDTZc5ehD7
— Harry Updates. (@TheHarryNews) 4 July 2017
10. He’s also been preparing for the role for a long time…
Exclusive footage of Alex bravely sacrificing himself in Dunkirk pic.twitter.com/O9aQ9EUbFp
— h ⌲ (@hesinthelight) 6 July 2017
11. Loads of us are super excited about the release including Prince Harry!
Prince Harry will be attending the premier
— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) 5 July 2017
12. The film is based on real life
Here’s everything you should need to know about Dunkirk and what happened! Hope it helps! pic.twitter.com/OOfyeYwDi5
— Harry Dunkirk News (@StylesMovieNews) May 2, 2016
13. Harry’s role in it has got many fans researching Dunkirk
exactly!! I’ve been also researching on dunkirk just to prepare for Harry’s movie!!
— All the love. H (@Luvyou1DxZayn) March 18, 2017
Fun fact I been researching the history of Dunkirk just so that when I see it in theater I want be a lost fangirl who gets confused.
— Neshia (@Thatlil_Flamand) July 6, 2017
14. Harry’s got some pretty rough scenes in the film
15. Many fans are worried about a potential death scene
16. So much so that it’s encouraged fans to practise their swimming techniques
— Shubham Singh (@Perfect_1D_Fan) 15 June 2017
17. According to Harry the set was super realistic
18. Harry also teared up during the first scene he filmed
Aww harry teared up after he filmed his first shot in Dunkirk… imagine how I’m going to be feeling in the entire movie pic.twitter.com/kubnY4B9JJ
— nameless biatch k. (@lxrryxmofo) July 5, 2017
19. Basically, everyone is saying that Harry deserves an Oscar
— Sarah Styles ❤ (@sarastylees1D) 6 July 2017
20. Fans will be screaming during the release
me: yall better not scream or fangirl when harry comes on the screen during dunkirk
also me: pic.twitter.com/SNg996ebrT
— michelle (@harrysamermaid) 6 July 2017
21. They’ll be left speechless
me, an intellectual: knows harry has several lines in dunkirk
also me when i hear harry speak lines in the dunkirk ad: pic.twitter.com/RUjRwYpbT1
— Why Larry Is Real (@WhyLarryIsReal) 6 July 2017
22. And will be crying throughout…
me: if anyone cries during Dunkirk, I’m kicking them out
also me during the trailers: pic.twitter.com/5vPR9ayl8U
— mk (@makayleysanford) 6 July 2017
23. Harry has destroyed about 4673829 careers, he’s THAT good
24. A star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame is in the horizon
— brittany lewis (@brittanylewisyt) 6 July 2017
Will you be watching Dunkirk in the cinema? What are you most looking forward to seeing? Let us know in the comments below.