Author of ‘Lois Lane: Fall Out’, Gwenda Bond, shares with us her top 10 reasons for why she loves the ace journalist from the Superman comics.
1.Just about everything. But I guess I need to be more specific… ;) First off, that Lois Lane has managed to be relevant, beloved, and important since 1938.
2. Lois is funny, and in pretty much all her incarnations she talks as fast as she thinks??which is fast enough to skewer any target she wants.
3. Lois can be self?deprecating, but she never downplays her own accomplishments. She lets herself be proud of getting the story or taking down evil.
4. She’s fiercely loyal and protective of those she cares about.
5. Just the idea of Lois Lane, going up against bad guys armed with only a trusty notepad and her wits, is an inspiration, a reminder that every single one of us can do important work.
6. She’s never going to do something just because someone else wants her to.
7. She has this dreamy boy she’s interested in who would never devalue what she does or doubt what she’s capable of. (And who sends her pictures of baby cows.)
8. She’s brave and fearless in pursuing the truth and protecting the weak, even though she doesn’t have superpowers to protect her.
9. She’s not always as tough as she projects, which somehow means that in reality she’s even tougher.
10. Lois Lane is not putting up with any of the world’s nonsense.
- DATING FAILS: In honour of Holly Bourne’s ‘How Hard Can Love Be?’, the MP! Books team shares their most embarrassing stories
- 5 Reasons Why We Still Ship Tris and Four
- Our 6 very favourite quotes from ‘Radio Silence’ by Alice Oseman
- Top 5 Girl Squads of YA; because who run the world?
- NEWS: New Non Pratt novella ‘Unboxed’ to be published by Barrington Stoke
- 5 reasons why we are beyond excited for the release of Cassandra Clare’s ‘Lady Midnight’
- Author Lucy Ivison pays tribute to the late, great Louise Rennison
- Youtuber Caspar Lee announces release of book, and it broke the Waterstones website!