We popped ourselves down to the heart of London’s West End last night to see ‘Guys and Dolls’. We can confirm that it was wonderful and we’re about to tell you why. From the cast to the costumes this is a show that ticks all of the musical theatre boxes for us.
1. The musical numbers, and the fab choreography.There wasn’t a musical number that we didn’t love. The songs are what tells the story, and the movement in this show is elegant and beautifully performed. Our favourite number was ‘Sit Down You’re Rocking The Boat’.
2. The theatre.Having recently transferred to the Phoenix Theatre, it allows for a more intimate experience. At times we felt like we were part of the performance. A small but important detail, that creates a special viewing experience.
3. The Kitchen Shower. Who needs a bridal shower when your pals can throw you a kitchen shower. Talk about friendship goals. (Miss Adelaide is our fave btw.)
4. The cast. There is something enchanting about watching this cast perform together. Their natural chemistry, creates a unique stage presence. You can’t help but smile and bop your head along to the music when they’re performing. (If someone says they didn’t do that, then they’re lying.)
5. The Havana, Cuba club scene. Without giving away any spoilers this was one of our favourite parts of the show. It’s energetic, colourful and brings culture into the show. We were legit nearly on stage dancing along.
‘Guys and Dolls’ is an absolute delight to watch, its feel good and fun. The show is a must see in it’s new West End home at the Phoenix Theatre.