Let’s take a trip back in time to the end of last year. Louisa Johnson won ‘The X Factor’. There was no sign of the Rihanna album. We still had One Direction.
Also at the end of last year, Grace had a bit of a monster hit with the super sassy ‘You Don’t Know Me’. The collab with G-Eazy went Gold in the UK, which is pretty incredible if you ask us.
Her debut album ‘FMA’ came out this week, and we completely love it. There are more sassy bops on the album, but there are some real raw emotional moments too. Here are nine things you just need to know about the album before you go off and stan for it:
1. The album title ‘FMA’ means ‘Forgive My Attitude’, which we’re going to add to our daily vocabulary tbh.
2. Her debut single ‘You Don’t Own Me’ was produced by Quincy Jones, who produced ‘Thriller’ for Michael Jackson. A debut single produced by Quincy Jones is a big deal.
3. Her brother is Conrad Sewell, who had a huge hit as the vocalist on Kygo’s ‘Firestone’. When ‘You Don’t Own Me’ went to Number 1 in Australia, they became the first Australian siblings to separately hit the top spot on their home country.
4. One of the co-writers on her latest single ‘Hell Of A Girl’ is Charles Hinshaw Jr, who has credits on Rihanna’s ‘Work’ and ‘Needed Me’. Basically, it sounds like a hit.
5. One of the most emotional tracks on the album is ‘Boyfriend Jeans’. However, the album version is the third version of song. She included the demo version on her EP ‘Memo’, as well as their being a proper single version released last year. Queen of remixes.
6. On the album title, Grace said that she called it ‘FMA’ because it means standing up for yourself and speaking your mind. We told you she was full of sass.
7. There’s a lyric on the album about Beyoncé and Jay-Z. Any lyric that mentions the Queen Bey is perfect, tbh.
9. Oh, and did we mention that the album is pure fire and you need to listen to it right away? Well, it is, and you do.
Do you stan for Grace’s ‘FMA’? Let us know by tweeting us at @maximumpop.