Yes, breaking up with your boyfriend and girlfriend is hard, and sometimes the heartache you feel is incomparable. But, actually, we reckon friendship break-ups are far worse, because you share everything together and you’ve no doubt been in each other’s lives long before any stupid romantic other.
But it’ll all be okay. C’mere, we’ve got your back and we’re going to help you through this.
1. Remind yourself of why you’re not friends anymore. It’s sucky to think about, but getting your head around it will probably make you realise it was the right decision for both of you.
2. Surround yourself with all your other way better friends.
3. Let them comfort the F outta you.
4. They clearly didn’t deserve your friendship if it had to end up this way.
5. It’s also worth telling yourself this has no reflection on your ability to be an amazing friend, sometimes people just aren’t meant to stay in your lives forever.
6. Repeat after us, “I am fabulous, they are missing out!”
7. Then go out and make new friends, because that gaping hole you feel right now can most certainly be filled with someone better suited to you.
8. If you’re still feeling a bit bitter, some of our ‘getting over a heartbreak’ tips might also be able to help, like screaming along to some seriously emosh music. We recommend Adele’s ‘Someone Like You’.
9. And look at how far she’s come with her latest single ‘Send My Love (To Your New Lover)’. She’s fierce AF and so are you. There is light at the end of the tunnel!
10. We’d also rec some more ‘uplifting, massive middle finger to the person that hurt you’ songs.
11. And dance like a mad person in your room and shake off those bad vibes.
12. No, seriously… ‘Shake It Off’.
13. If all else fails, have a good cry…
14. And eat some ice cream.
Losing friends is hard, but sometimes it happens. They either do something beyond repair, the friendship is only one way, or it’s just not healthy. Sometimes we have to make the hard decision to cut the tie in order to do right by ourselves. But we hope these tips help and that you’re a hell of a lot happier with your true friends.
Tweet us @maximumpop with any more certified ways to get over a friendship break-up!