On the dump world of Wrath, identical twins are feared – only one will grow up human, while the other becomes a condemned monster with ‘twisted’ blood. But Eugene Lambert isn’t the first to include an evil twin.
Here are some of our favourites!
Hans Romoray from ‘Friends’
We’re starting off with what is clearly the best evil twin in all of pop culture: Hans Romoray, the evil twin of Joey Tribiani. If you’re thinking, ‘Huh? Joey doesn’t have a twin!’ Remind yourself with this glorious snippet:
Vampire Willow from ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’
After Cordelia makes a wish that Buffy had never come to Sunnydale, the town suddenly falls under the dominion of the Master. It’s a really cool look at what may have happened to Willow and Xander without Buffy. Plus, Vamp Willow managed to coin a catchphrase in only one episode – “Bored now”.
Katherine from ‘The Vampire Diaries’
The first love of the Salvatore brothers isn’t one to be messed with. Elena’s evil twin Katherine is manipulative, spiteful, tricky, and we can’t help but love her a little bit! In the series, evil twins are actually called doppelgangers and they’re less like twins and more like copies of each other throughout time. They also have all sorts of weird mystical properties…
Katrina from ‘Sabrina the Teenage Witch’
The Spellman family has a secret – every member of the family has a twin. When Sabrina goes to meet Katrina, they are put through a series of tests to determine who is evil, and it’s starting to look pretty bad for poor Sabrina…
Who’s your favourite evil twin? Tell us at @maximumpopbooks!
- Alexandra Bracken reveals her writing process and the books coming up on her TBR
- We reckon you’re more “bluff” than “buff” when it comes to historical YA fiction. Want to prove us wrong?
- Are you a watcher or a player? Do you have the ‘nerve’? Watch the trailer and find out!
- MP! Review: ‘The Square Root of Summer’ is the read for the upcoming season. Trust.
- Can you master the most difficult Derek Landy quiz EVER?
- It’s impossible not to fall in love with the new cover for Jennifer Donnelly’s ‘These Shallow Graves’
- Twitter just can’t handle all the feels caused by ‘The Crown’ by Kiera Cass
- Writing YA: What’s my genre?