We know all authors have to be at least a tiny bit fond of their writing. Can you quote your favourite line from your own work? At the moment, it’s definitely the line “Tyler may have told me his secrets, but now he had a new one” from the first book in the trilogy.
This competition is now closed. Congratulations to the [email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected]_,[email protected],[email protected]_lois,[email protected], [email protected]
DIMILY handles the touchy subject of falling for a step-sibling. What inspired you to write about this kind of love? I’ve always loved reading novels about teenagers who can’t be together, but it’s usually always for a reason that is easy to overcome. I liked the idea of “forbidden relationships” and wanted to do something different with it. I wanted to tell the story of two people who couldn’t be together because of a more serious matter, and I thought about step-siblings falling in love. It’s not illegal for step-siblings to marry yet society looks down on it, so I decided to write about a step-sibling relationship that’s kept a secret out of the fear of being judged and rejected.
What can fans of the series expect from the next books? A lot more drama!
Any YA cliches that drive you crazy? Not particularly – admittedly, I’m a sucker for cliches.
Speaking of Young Adult, if you met yourself when you were 15, what would you tell yourself? I’d tell myself that nothing is ever the end of the world. At that age, everything that goes wrong seems to be a huge deal that’s going to ruin your life, but I’ve learned now that things can easily be put right again.
And if we’re travelling back in time, what would you want to say to the first person you kissed? I’d probably say sorry for kicking him out of my house.
Finally, because we all want to know where the magic happens, send us a picture of where you write.
Estelle’s new book ‘Did I Mention I Miss You?’ is out February 2016.
Want to win a SIGNED copy of Estelle’s ‘Did I Mention I Need You?’? Simply follow @maximumpopbooks & RT the following tweet to enter:
— Maximum Pop! Books (@maximumpopbooks) December 23, 2015
Ends 29/12, 8pm.
More bookish articles?
- Check out the teaser trailer for the new, life-action, Roald Dahl, BFG film.
- Which lovable misfit from James Dawson’s ‘All of the Above’ are you?
- A Q&A and a sneak at the sketches of Waterstones Book of the Year winner, Coralie Bickford-Smith.
- MP! EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Everything you need to know about ‘Never Evers’ by Tom Ellen & Lucy Ivison.
- Read the first chapter of the ‘Half Bad’ finale, ‘Half Lost’.
- 7 things you might have missed in the ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them’ teaser trailer.
- Walker Books just created your new favourite bookstagram account: Inkslingers.
- Check out the new cover for Cecilia Ahern’s brand new YA thriller
- ‘Throne of Glass’ Colouring Book: what we hope to see in this September 2016 release