Another day, another natter with a new popstar! This time we’ve caught up with the wonderful Erin Willett who was a finalist on season two of The Voice USA.
1. Tell us why we should listen to you in 140 characters or less…
I am real. Learning to be fearless and make mistakes and use my music as a platform to connect with people about that feeling.
2. If you had to compare the sound of your music to a crisp flavour, which would you pick and how do they relate?
Salt & Vinegar. Not everyone’s cup of tea, but classic. It hits you in the face and is bold.
3. What was the first single you ever bought and has it inspired the music that you release today?
The first album I ever bought was Britney Spears “Baby One More Time.” It was a great record and the introduction of an icon in pop culture. Above all, I love a catchy melody…it hooks me. I craft my songs through melody first, it’s what comes naturally to me, then lyrics are where I do a lot of trial and error and figure out what I’m really trying to say and how I want it to be said.
4. Picture the scene… You have found a time machine and been sent back to the year 1996. You have been selected to become the sixth member of a band known as the Spice Girls. What would your nickname be?
Goofy Spice (I don’t think this really would fly with the executives, but just go with it). I am a goofball, and pride myself in being voted Class Clown in my senior year of high school. I love playing jokes and having fun, and truly enjoying all aspects of my life.
5. If you were given a pet cat and told you had to name it after an existing popstar, what would you name it?
I would name it Sia and make it wear wigs and never let anyone see its face because that is true dedication. I also love Sia and her talent of writing, performing and being a down to earth individual. She’s so cool and I would like to eat pizza with her one day.
6. Could you tell us that you love us?
Erin’s single, ‘Out of the Darkness’ is out now, check out the music video below.
Or stream her track right here: