One of the first thing that enters a reader’s head after falling in love with a book: “I want *** to play her in the movie!”, and authors do it too! Tommy Wallach has a few ideas about who he would cast in the starring roles of his second novel, ‘Thanks for the Trouble’, was ever to hit the big screen.
Well, the book doesn’t have a very large cast, so this should be easy.
I think Lorde would make an amazing Zelda.
Then I’d want Rami Malek for Parker (obviously we’d have to time-travel him back to eighteen years old, and forget that he ever appeared in any ‘Night at the Museum’ movies).
Finally, I’d sign up Selena Gomez for Alana, because I think she’s ready to sink her teeth into a serious role. (Though we’d have a no Bieber or Bloom on set rule.)
Done and done.
Who would you cast in a ‘Thanks for the Trouble’ movie or TV show? Let us know at @maximumpopbooks!
- Guest blogger, Jessica Melor, gives us her top 10 romance reads incl. ‘Everything, Everything’ and ‘One Day’
- 6 reasons we want to be in an Ally Carter novel
- Check out our handy guide to February YA Book Events
- Top YA couples, from guest blogger Renu Shah
- Which authors are hitting up YALC this year? Here’s what we know so far…
- Illumicrate Unboxing: the cutest bookmarks ever, an incredible book and MORE