As we continue our ‘Demon Road’ book club, we look at Derek Landy’s Twitter to find out if his razor wit, dark humour and taste for the horrifying was only found in his books. Turns out, it’s not, and he seems to be almost as entertaining online as he is on paper.
Find out for yourself with a few of our favourite tweets from the king of YA horror.
Overheard in bookshop: "He read that Skulduggery. Didn't like it." "No?" "No. The words were too small and there were no pictures."
— Derek Landy (@DerekLandy) September 11, 2015
Today I wrote the opening chapter of book 2 — and wow, does it get dark FAST.
— Derek Landy (@DerekLandy) August 12, 2015
And as I was leaving I made a new friend… pic.twitter.com/DW8uL4jRFD
— Derek Landy (@DerekLandy) September 5, 2015
— Derek Landy (@DerekLandy) August 30, 2015
Just spent 3 minutes standing in a pitch-black bathroom trying to convince my girlfriend @Patrick_Ness's new book glows in the dark.
— Derek Landy (@DerekLandy) August 29, 2015
— Derek Landy (@DerekLandy) August 26, 2015
More bookish articles?
- Joe Sugg’s new book is the fastest-selling graphic novel EVER?
- Leigh Bardugo reads from Six of Crows – PRE RELEASE DAY. BE STILL OUR BEATING HEARTS.
- Benjaminoftomes is starting up his own micro-publishing house – the first book of which you can pre-order HERE
- Get a taste fro ‘Demon Road’ with this FREE chapter
- Help us interview Nicholas Sparks 28/09