Moving on from the vastly popular ‘Skulduggery Pleasant’ series, Derek Landy begins again with ‘Demon Road’ – a book we here at MP! fell for somewhere in between the dry humour and thrilling scares. If our recommendation isn’t enough, it’s also currently sitting at #1 on Amazon’s Young Adult Horror section. (Congrats, Derek!)
Speaking with The Bookseller, Derek Landy said he questioned whether ‘Demon Road’ would be on par with his debut series in terms of quality, popularity and enjoyment.
“But the trick is to make sure I’m not repeating myself. I didn’t want Demon Road to be “Skulduggery Pleasant on a roadtrip”. I wanted it to have its own identity, and I think, in that at least, I succeeded.”
We think so too, Derek.
For the full interview, click here.
More bookish articles?
- Explore Derek Landy’s ‘Demon Road’ route with the official map
- MP Exclusive Extract: Get a taste of ‘Unbecoming’, from Jenny Downham, author of ‘Before I Die’
- Parallel universes, teenage love and strong ladies: MP! chats to Josephine Angelini, author of ‘Worldwalker’ series
- WIN! ‘Trial By Fire’ and ‘Firewalker’ by Josephine Angelini
- Get your hands on £200 to spend in Miss Selfridge and a copy of ‘Sunkissed’
- WIN! Signed copy of CJ Daughter’s ‘The Secret Fire’ – plus check out the FREE chapter
- MP! Review: ‘Sunkissed’ by Jenny McLachlan is funny, sweet and better than anticipated
- MP! Review: ‘Demon Road’ is a must for thrill-seekers, horror-lovers and fans of Supernatural