Sometimes all it takes for you to want to read a book is a gorgeous cover. The colours, the font, a gorgeous photo – we’re suckers for a pretty cover. But sometimes the insides aren’t always as amazing as the outside.
That’s seriously not the case for Julie Israel’s ‘Juniper Lemon’s Happiness Index‘ – it’s just as brilliant as the cover and as good as the title suggests.
You’ve GOT to get a glimpse of this gorgeous cover, though. It’s seriously beautiful.
RIGHT. We quite fancy a whole shelf of this beauty…
But why should you be desperate to read Julie Israel’s debut?
- It’s been 65 days since Juniper lost her older sister to a horrible accident.
- Then she finds a letter. It’s addressed to ‘You’ and dated on the day of the accident – July 4th.
- Juniper is desperate the learn the identity of her sister’s secret love and she starts to investigate.
- Then Juniper loses something of her own.
- A card from her Happiness Index where she rates her day – the thing that’s been keeping her going since Cammie died.
- But that card she’s lost holds a secret. A secret that she can’t afford to let anyone know.
Doesn’t that sound incredible?