Your teenage years can often be some of the hardest times you’ll go through, and Rosalind Jana knows just that.
In fact, she’s written a book all about the very real problems teens face every day, including mental health, bullying, and dating. Plus, it’s also got tips on style and starting your own blog, aiming to cover all aspects of teen life.
And now, we’re very excited to reveal the cover of this wonderful must-read. Ta-da!
Check out what she had to say about her brand new book:
“I began working on Notes on Being Teenage when I still had ‘teen’ tacked on to the end of my age. At 18, all the things I was thinking about – body image, mental health, online friendships, working out what on earth the future held etc etc etc – formed the sketchy outline of this book. Two years and thousands of words later, I’ve filled in the gaps (well, most of them). Now I’ve got something that stretches from feminism to fashion to the pleasures and pitfalls of selfies – and I’m SO excited to share it all.
Basically, this book is one big, sprawling set of ideas, essays, lists, interview, stories, bits of advice, and a whole load of notes on what it means to be teenage. Lots of my own experiences are included, as are the voices of a whole host of brilliant teens and twenty-somethings (I interviewed nearly 50 while working on this!) I wrote it because I think that young women are brilliant – because I think their voices and concerns and ambitions should be taken seriously. I also wrote it because I wish I’d had something a few years ago that didn’t patronize me, or package up my experience of being teenage into a number of bullet-pointed ‘Issues’ with a capital ‘I’.”
Rosalind Jana is a writer, style blogger, occasional model, full-time book lover, and long-legged student with an appreciation for excellent coffee. She has written for places including Vogue, The Guardian, BBC Radio 4, Yahoo, Teen Tatler, and Broadly, and is junior editor on Violet magazine. Sometimes to be found wearing ridiculous heels on hilltops, too.
More bookish articles?
- VIDEO: 3 reasons you NEED to read ‘Glass Sword’, from author Victoria Aveyard
- Author Appreciation: 5 reasons Rick Riordan should be on your TBR
- Q&A with Becca Fitzpatrick: “I think I could have told ‘Hush, Hush’ in one book”
- #MPSecretSanta: Make a new Book BFF this Christmas with MP!’s UK-wide Secret Santa
- ‘Finding Audrey’ by Sophie Kinsella got a beautiful, sunny paperback makeover – is it better than the original?
- 5 reasons you really have to read ‘Magnus Chase’ – especially if your a Percy Jackson fan