You are so not ready for this. Like, at all.
You totally thought that the cover for Cassandra Clare’s ‘Lady Midnight’ was the best it could possibly get, right? WRONG.
‘Lord of Shadows’ is so on point it actually hurts.
The ending of ‘Lady Midnight’ obvs broke us a bit and we’ve been dying to find out what happens next ever since. The summary has a few clues for us…
Sunny Los Angeles can be a dark place indeed in Cassandra Clare’s Lord of Shadows, the sequel to the #1 New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling Lady Midnight.
Emma Carstairs has finally avenged her parents. She thought she’d be at peace. But she is anything but calm. Torn between her desire for her parabatai Julian and her desire to protect him from the brutal consequences of parabatai relationships, she has begun dating his brother, Mark. But Mark has spent the past five years trapped in Faerie; can he ever truly be a Shadowhunter again?
And the faerie courts are not silent. The Unseelie King is tired of the Cold Peace, and will no longer concede to the Shadowhunters’ demands. Caught between the demands of faerie and the laws of the Clave, Emma, Julian, and Mark must find a way to come together to defend everything they hold dear—before it’s too late.
Is it totally weird that we’re excited to see more of the Faerie Courts? Probably. Oh well!
Guess you wanna see the cover now, huh? Oh, go on then.
ISN’T IT GORGEOUS?! We want it right now. Please?
‘Lord of Shadows’ will be published by S&S on 23rd May 2017. Bring it.
Tell us what you think of the cover in the comments below.
- Quiz: What quote from ‘The Diabolic’ will change your life?
- WIN! Get 1 of 10 signed copies of Joey Graceffa’s newest book, ‘Children of Eden’
- 14 bookish pick up lines guaranteed to work some serious magic
- What should you name your girl band? Plus win a copy of ‘Boring Girls’
- Quiz: What % Harry Potter are you?
- If our favourite YA characters swapped phones plus WIN 10 copies of Textrovert