What are gravitational waves? Well, YouTuber Charlie McDonnell (a.k.a. charlieissocoolike) will tell you, and he’ll make it FUN!
With nearly 2.5 million subscribers, it’s a no-brainer that publishers would be looking for a slice of that. And the book, according to the blurb will “be taking you on an awesome journey through the cosmos, beginning with the Big Bang through to the Solar System and the origins of life on Earth”.
But don’t fear. It won’t be like those school textbooks that do nothing but give you backache at the bottom of your rucksack. Nay, McDonnel says “expect frequent digressions, tons of illustrations of not-so-sciencey things (NB a microwave flying through space), and pages packed with my all time favourite mind-bending science facts.”
Ok then! We’re on board. Bring on the FUN! ‘Fun Science: A Guide To Life, The Universe And Why Science Is So Awesome’ is listed as available from October.
Are you already fan? Tweet us @maximumpopbooks
- We spent an afternoon at Faber finding out all their bookish secrets – check it out
- ‘Front Lines’ by Michael Grant looks beautiful on Insta
- MP! EXCLUSIVE: the official World Book Day Teen Fest Online Line Up – with Rainbow Rowell, Sally Green & MORE
- Happy ever afters, Brooklyn coffee shops & love without language: a Q&A with Tommy Wallach
- LGBT titles coming 2016 you’ll want to add to your TBR
- Check out the cover for Alice Oseman’s ‘Radio Silence’: “the colours are incredible”