Inspired by the latest addition to Cassandra Clare’s Shadowhunter universe, ‘Lady Midnight’, here are some top tips for how to capture the perfect look to match your inner Shadowhunter.
1. “‘Shadowhunters: Looking Better in Black Than the Widows of our Enemies Since 1234’.” Thank you , Jace. He points out the obvious place to start. Black.
2. Functional but totally fashionable too. Remember you’re being a badass as well as looking like a total babe. You gotta be able to move it when you need to.
3. But that doesn’t mean it’s all trousers all of the time! Each Shadowhunter has their own unique style both fashion-wise and fighting-wise. Just compare Clary and Isabelle!
4. And don’t forget them runes! Whether you’re drawing them on with eyeliner (no judgement here, we’ve totally done that), or slapping on a washable transfer, the runes maketh the Shadowhunter.
5. Suffer no fools. You’re a Shadowhunter. Get the right ‘tude and be proud. Ain’t no one gonna mess with you.
Not read it yet? You can get your copy of ‘Lady Midnight’ here.
And you can show us YOUR Shadowhunter style by tweeting us @maximumpopbooks
- Author Appreciation: Here’s why L. A. Weatherly rocks our socks
- Book Spine Poetry:MP! gets lyrical with a little help from our books
- ‘Allegiant’ is here and the verdict is in!
- Twitter “can’t handle the feels” they’re getting from Rainbow Rowell’s ‘Carry On’
- Feminism, YA and ultimate book boyfriends: #HollyTakeover stormed Twitter!
- ‘Broken Sky’ by LA Weatherly is looking mighty fine on Instagram