It doesn’t take much for us to fall in love with characters or a ship, but not all of them get a special corner of our heart reserved just for squeeing over how adorable they are. Baz and Simon from Rainbow Rowell’s ‘Carry On’ do.
We’ve got a run down of our favourite Baz and Simon moments from ‘Carry On’ just for you! Grab a cuppa, put your feet up, and prepare to swoon (and for the desperate need to re-read)!
Baz’s angsty feelings for Simon are the actual best
“Sharing a room with the person you want most is like sharing a room with an open fire.
He’s constantly drawing you in. And you’re constantly stepping too close. And you know it’s not good–that there is no good–that there’s absolutely nothing that can ever come of it.
But you do it anyway.
Well. Then you burn.”
“You were the sun, and I was crashing into you.”
The First Kiss
“He shakes his head, and he’s saying something, and I think I might kiss him. Because I’ve never kissed anyone before. (I was afraid I might bite.) And I’ve never wanted to kiss anyone but him. (I won’t bite. I won’t hurt him.) I just want to kiss him, then go. “Simon…,” I say. And then he kisses me.”
“I am going to die kissing Simon Snow. Aleister Crowley, I’m living a charmed life.”
The swoony, sneering ways they declare their love
“He’s still looking in my eyes. Staring me down like he did that dragon, chin tilted and locked. “I’m not the Chosen One,” he says. I meet his gaze and sneer. My arm is a steel band around his waist. “I choose you,” I say. “Simon Snow, I choose you.”
“He looks at my face and huffs, exasperated. “Baz, you’re actually, literally the only thing I have to lose. So as long as doing gay stuff in public doesn’t make you hate me, I don’t really care.”
“We’re just dancing,” I say. “That’s hardly gay stuff.”
“Dancing’s well gay,” he says. “Even when it isn’t two blokes.””
Did we miss your favourite Baz/Simon moment? Let us know @maximumpopbooks!
- DATING FAILS: In honour of Holly Bourne’s ‘How Hard Can Love Be?’, the MP! Books team shares their most embarrassing stories
- 5 reasons why we are beyond excited for the release of Cassandra Clare’s ‘Lady Midnight’
- Author Lucy Ivison pays tribute to the late, great Louise Rennison
- Youtuber Caspar Lee announces release of book, and it broke the Waterstones website
- 25 signs you might be living in a YA dystopian novel
- Harry Potter House Pride creates community and pure fandom joy!
- #bookconfession – we’ve read them all, and we shall pass judgement
- QUIZ: Which Shadowhunter rune do you need?
- QUIZ: Who’s your YA bad boy crush?