Buzzfeed are usually total legends. They fight for feminism, kick down the patriarchy and pretty much make us laugh every day. But then they did this:
Hypocritical? Totally. They’re telling men what they can and can’t wear just as they usually take down those who do it to women. People are kicking. off.
But in a nutshell, Buzzfeed literally listed 17 pieces of men’s clothing, lots of them regular clothes like shorts, swimming trunks and even boxers, and basically dragged men for wearing them.
If an article like this had been elsewhere and aimed at women, you can guarantee that Buzzfeed would have ripped it to shreds. Luckily, the comments were on hand to tell Buzzfeed off.
These commenters raise a seriously good point about the restrictions already on men’s clothing.
Hello, double standards.
Loads of people kinda agree with the list, but also hate it at the same time.
We’ve gotta admit that this reply from ‘aliqueef’ makes a lot of sense, though…
We think there’s total double standards here. Come on Buzzfeed, we know you can do better than this.
What do you think? Are Buzzfeed being sexist? Let us know in the comments below.
- Quiz: Which November read should you pick up first? Decide your destiny with our tell-all quiz
- What the spinster club has taught us about loving your girls
- MP! Exclusive: Get ready to have your heart broken by Adam Silvera again with 1 of 10 first proofs in the UK
- 9 authors you can trust to be real about mental health
- This bookstagrammer shows us the ultimate way to celebrate Harry Potter