Sara Barnard is the fabulous author of ‘Beautiful Broken Things’, a poignant story about friendship set in Brighton… But how well do you know this seaside town and its appearances in literature? Take Sara’s quiz and on all things bookish and Brighton and find out!
What do you think of when you think of Brighton? Seagulls? The pier? A pebbly beach? Hippies? Vegans?
Whatever your associations with this seafront city, you probably don’t think of books. And that’s a shame, because it’s the perfect place to read in and read about, and you may be surprised just how many books it pops up in.
Can you match the Brighton quote to the book it appears in?
How did you do? Tweet us @maximumpopbooks and don’t forget you can buy your very own copy of ‘Beautiful Broken Things’ here!
- We spent an afternoon at Faber finding out all their bookish secrets – check it out
- ‘Front Lines’ by Michael Grant looks beautiful on Insta
- MP! EXCLUSIVE: the official World Book Day Teen Fest Online Line Up – with Rainbow Rowell, Sally Green & MORE
- Happy ever afters, Brooklyn coffee shops & love without language: a Q&A with Tommy Wallach
- LGBT titles coming 2016 you’ll want to add to your TBR
- Check out the cover for Alice Oseman’s ‘Radio Silence’: “the colours are incredible”