When the weather turns and hibernation is on the cards, you need to make sure you’ve got a good stockpile… of books!
Winter is coming. Don’t get caught out like Elliot from Kevin Brooks’ new book ‘Born Scared’. Be prepared. We’ll ride this one out with a carefully selected stack of reads.
‘Black Ice’ by Becca Fitzpatrick
Stuck in a blizzard in the forest with a strangely hot, but not hot because he’s strange, boy? Well yes. Don’t mind if we do.
‘Fracture’ by Megan Miranda
Delaney died. She was pulled from the icy lake and was legit dead. But she survived? Except now she’s drawn to the dying. All set in a chilly, shivery setting. MYSTERY AND SUSPENSE!
‘Stealing Snow’ by Danielle Paige
It’s pretty self-explanatory, right? Snow. And lots of it.
‘Shiver’ by Maggie Stiefvater
Because wolves and winter are probs the best mix ever. Throw in the fact that it’s written by Queen Maggie and we’re all over it like a rash.
‘Never Evers’ by Tom Ellen & Lucy Ivison
Fun on the slopes? Mistaken identity? Hilarity? Cringe? It’s all here. And it’s the perfect light bite during the wintery weather.
‘Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares’ by David Levithan & Rachel Cohn
Ahh. So sweet. Christmas lover Lily leaves a book full of dares for someone, hopefully a special someone, to find and to complete. Dash doesn’t back down from a dare. Challenge accepted.
‘Born Scared’ by Kevin Brooks
Elliot’s life is ruled by fear. Proper crippling fear of everything. So when a snowstorm sets in on Christmas Eve.. and his mum hasn’t come back with his much needed prescription.. he has to venture out.
What’s your fave alt Christmas book? Tell us in the comments below!
- Why everyone should be standing up to hate like Melinda Salisbury
- If you’re having a tough week, Jennifer Niven has a message you have to hear
- What % Dumbledore are you?
- WIN! 1 of 3 signed copies of this #ZoellaBookClub gem by Gayle Forman
- ‘Born Scared’ author Kevin Brooks talks mental heath in YA, his current WIP and the ‘issue book’
- Is a ‘Children of Eden’ movie on the cards? We got the goss from Joey Graceffa
- 9 ways Harry Potter has changed your life, forever