‘Supernatural’ is the incredible, 11-series TV show starring Jensen Ackles and Jared Padelecki. It follows brothers, Sam and Dean, driving across America and hunting down every monster Hell spits out. In short, it’s amazing and you should all go watch it – but what happens when you can’t satisfy your ‘Supernatural’ craving? What do you do when you’re between seasons, or waiting on next week’s episode?
We here at Maximum Pop! have found your solution: Derek Landy’s ‘Demon Road’, and its sequel, ‘Desolation’ – out today. Here are 5 reasons why you should most definitely pick up this book if you’re a ‘Supernatural’ fan:
‘Supernatural’ is crammed full of vampires, werewolves, demons, and a few things we had never even heard of. Landy doesn’t skimp on the monstrous side of America either. Get ready for demon deals, vampire hotels and supernatural serial killers, kids/
2. Road trip
Sam and Dean are always on the road, and our hero, Amber, has been on the run ever since her parents…well, went homicidal. If you like your road trips American and bloody, then ‘Demon Road’ is for you.
3. Bad ass car
The boys from ‘Supernatural’ have the Impala, but Amber’s sitting shotgun in a car that might just be alive.
We love us some manly tears in ‘Supernatural’, but Derek Landy packs plenty of emotion into ‘Demon Road’ as well.
5. It’s not all doom and gloom – you’ll laugh too
Well, as fun as murder and heartbreak and deals with the devil can be. ‘Demon Road’ is full of Landy’s trademark wit and has the exceptional talent of making you wince in horror and snort with laughter on the same page.
- Cast your votes for the best YA cover of April!
- QUIZ: In honour of Sophia Bennett’s ‘Love Song’, we gotta ask… How much of a fangirl are you?
- 5 Reasons to Read Richard Kurti’s ‘Maladapted’ like, right now
- Shiels, Student Body Chair and heroine of ‘Hot Pterodactyl Boyfriend’, interviews Pyke the pterodactyl
- MP! Reads: Listen to Chris Vick read from his debut ‘Kook’
- Alan Cumyn’s dream cast for ‘Hot Pterodactyl Boyrfriend’, including Michael Cera and Michael B Jordan!