It was one of those titles that sounded better in our heads… But the point is we’ve had a dig around the interwebs to find some of the sickest book-inspired gear.
Now you can express your ‘bonkers for books’ attitude with your wardrobe. Let’s get funky.
1. Cover tees. Might as well start with a staple, eh?
Who else feels that itch to grab at these? Out of Print do varying styles and covers and we want them all.
2. Out of Print strike again with these super cute, and in our opinion, super essential, ‘banned books’ socks. Wear the mystery on one foot, and then slowly reveal the other. Like a backwards burlesque. Show them ankles you saucy page demon.
3. Don’t forget to accessorise the hell out of that bookish look. Of course, you can keep it simple and sleek with something like this ampersand necklace. Too cute!
4. Shakespeare inspired leggings, you say? We’ve got you covered. These Hamlet wonders have all your favourite scenes printed down each leg. Perfect for an impromptu performance in the town centre, eh?
5. “Why buy anything else when you could be buying books?” True that, fam. True that. But we will make an exception to buy this tee.
6. Lord of the Rings skater skirt… Well, this is a must. Get your Hobbit on with this Middle Earth map. Just in case you get lost inside your Legolas daydreamin’.
7. These Irregular Choice white rabbit heels are the best thing since quilted toilet paper. We have no words. But what’s even better is that they’ve brought out an ENTIRE RANGE of Alice in Wonderland inspired footwear. Get on that.
8. Because no look is complete with a statement bag. And this bag certainly does that. It says “hey, I like books, and that makes me so cool you can’t even comprehend it.”
9. It’s good to have options when it comes to your accessories, and these book cover necklaces are just the ticket. You can get all of your favourite titles in miniature for you to wear all day, and all night. We like this one very much.
10. It really was only a matter of time before something Potter appeared on this list. These earrings are so darn cute! Better get to buyin’ them before the MP! books team clear out the stock!
11. Finally, why not wear a book beast of your very own? ‘The Monster Book of Monsters’ will keep those mean muggles at bay, while also looking totally killer on your hand.
Already something of a fashionista? Show us your bookish style @maximumpopbooks
- Five reasons you need to read ‘Flawed’ by Cecelia Ahern right now
- Maximum Pop! Books Presents: A Guide to Literary Bath
- Reviewer Round-Up: Rainbow Rowell’s ‘Carry On’ is “a one-of-a-kind homage to fanfiction”
- 32 Reader Problems – because we know the bookish struggle is real
- 9 most unique books we’ve had the pleasure of reading, incl. the bizarre ‘Hot Pterodactyl Boyfriend’