We can’t hide from technology, so we may as well embrace it, right? And there’s nothing we like more than when we can combine our tech with reading.
These bookish apps have 100% changed the game.
We’ve got to start with a bookish essential: Goodreads. We genuinely couldn’t function without it. Knowing what percent of the way through a book we are, being able to comment on what we’re reading and tracking years of reading means it’s something we use daily.
Litsy is a pretty new app and we’re totally in love. It’s like a cross between Instagram and Goodreads and we can’t get enough. Pair your mini reviews with your gorgeous pictures, share quotes and updates and make new bookish friends. There’s already a little community on there and we just want in. Please?
After our audiobook adventures last month, we’ve become unable to live without Audible. Suddenly doing to washing up and tidying our rooms isn’t quite as horrible as it used to be because we get to read while we’re doing it! ‘Spectacles’ is next up and we’re ready for some laughs.
We Buy Books
Next up is something a little different: We Buy Books. This app is basically Music Magpie, but for books. Scan the book, you’ll be given a price, arrange a collection date, package them all up and they’ll be collected. Done. Just don’t offended if some of your books only go for 10p…
As bookish apps go, Kindle is another essential. Oh, hello new Harry Potter e-books… Our phone is full of audiobooks and bookstagram pictures, however, so we have to have the app on our iPad, but we actually love reading this way. It doesn’t hurt your eyes like a phone screen, but it’s still a portable way to carry 100s of books. WIN.
As well as reading on Kindle, we also read using Serial Reader, which we actually discovered on Litsy! Once you subscribe to one of these serials, every day a new instalment of the story will appear in the app ready to read and they only take around 10 minutes each. It’s a brilliant way to digest scary, huge or intimidating classics. As you can see, we’ve just started a scary Russian classic…
What bookish apps do you use? Let us know at @maximumpopbooks
- The one you’ve been waiting for… ‘Empire of Storms’ plus MORE fab new releases!
- Quiz: Which ‘Harry Potter’ spell should you cast on your crush?
- Win! We’ve got 50 copies of ‘Broken Sky’ for you to catch up on this explosive series!
- TINDER: Are the cast of ‘Nerve’ hot or not? Cast your vote now!
- The Graces? Lydia? Which September cover will MP!ers choose as the favourite?
- Paige Toon is taking over @maximumpopbooks on Thursday!
- SWIPER: Can you beat NERVE?
- Get the look from one of the hottest covers of the summer! Plus see behind the scenes of the shoot!
- Quiz: How popular are your ‘Harry Potter’ opinions?
- 9 Insta stars who are totally twinning with Jessie Jefferson