Poetry isn’t really our forte here at MP!, but we’ve seen some Book Spine Poetry scattered across the interwebs and figured we’d have a go. And give you a bit of a laugh at our rather spectacular poetry skills at the same time, of course.
The idea behind book spine poetry is pretty simple: stack your books to make a narrative out of the book titles. And yet it’s a little trickier than it soundst. Here are our attempts:
Have a little faith – the sky is everywhere.
Every day since you’ve been gone,
This raging light lies.
Story of a Girl
We were liars:
I was here – out of control.
When we collided?
Trouble under my skin
How hard can love be?
What do you think? Have a go yourself and send us your results @maximumpopbooks!
- YALC 2016: first 10 authors featuring at event revealed PLUS comments from some of our favourites
- Did you vote on your favourite YA cover for March? Here are the winners!
- Wattpad Writers: a Q&A with Megan De Vos + WIN! Signed chapter & handwritten letter from Megan
- “I sort of think of my characters as employees”: A Q&A with ‘Front Lines’ author Michael Grant
- MP! Reads: Alice Oseman reads from the amazing ‘Radio Silence’!