Mmm, cake. It’s the other other white meat. Part of a balanced diet (holding a slice in each hand). But the artistry and skill that goes into some cakey creations is astounding.
Here we’ve brought together some of our favourite book-inspired noms. Dig in!1. It seems fitting to start with ‘The Hunger Games’. This absolute beauty was made by Delectable Cakes and is inspired by Katniss’ dress in ‘Mockingjay’.
2. And sometimes, even though we love a book, we don’t mind admitting we would eat its face. Especially if it came frosted like this one by Anna Swenson:
3. But a bookish list just isn’t the same without at least a small slice of Potter. There are SO MANY ‘Harry Potter’ inspired sweet treats that we could have showcased, but we liked the simplicity in this showstopper:
4. Or maybe just one book isn’t enough? Why not have a whole library? ‘Cakes and Cupcakes Mumbai‘ have you covered.
5. You can’t talk about cake without bringing in the big guns. Choccywoccydoodah made this ‘Game of Thrones’ red wedding masterpiece:
6. But this Dr Seuss extravaganza is srsly something else:
7. What the Dickens? Sweet as Sugar made an edible author. Amaze:
8. Or follow this instructable to make your own ‘Bag End’ cake. Yummy Hobbits:
9. But if ‘Bag End’ isn’t doing it for you, how about an honest-to-goodness fire breathing DRAGON! Smaug has never looked so delectable:
10. How could we not also include an ‘Alice in Wonderland’ nom? The amazing Bobbette & Belle made this stunner:
11. And this ‘Wizard of Oz’ inspired wedding cake is something else. We hope the bride walked up the yellow brick road rather than an aisle.
12. And finally this flawless Jane Austen cake by Sprinkle Bakes:
Which do you want to stick a fork in? Tweet us @maximumpopbooks
- Join CJ Flood for a spot of nightwandering this June
- Meredith Russo’s ‘If I Was Your Girl’ is #ownvoices – do you really need another reason to pick it up?
- The full YALC schedule has been released! Wanna see?
- QUIZ: Are these Taylor Swift lyrics or classic novel quotes?
- Win! 1 of 10 copies of ‘If I Was Your Girl’ by Meredith Russo
- Go literary time travelling with booksandquills
- Quiz: We bet you haven’t read all of Jacqueline Wilson’s books!
- Call yourself a fan of LGBT+ YA? We bet you haven’t read all of these…
- A Guide to Literary Brighton
- You Review: We need 20 MP!ers to read and review ‘Paper Butterflies’ by Lisa Heathfield
- June is bringing a boat load of amazing new releases – these are the ones we’re going crazy for!