Our daydreams and wishlists are dominated by books, and so is our bucket list! Take a look at some of the things on our list!
1. Visit Shakespeare and Company. The name would have been enough to sway us, but throw in that it’s in Paris and that over the years that it’s been open, many famous authors have slept in the bookshop – SOLD. We just think that’s cool.
2. Not burst into tears when our faves die. We don’t have high hopes for this one…
3. Get a literary tattoo. Or two.
4. Meet JK Rowling. We don’t need to explain this one, right? Good.
5. Go to the Wizarding World in Florida. We dream, we long, we pine, for such a pilgrimage…
6. Finish the ‘Pretty Little Liars’ series. It’s possible that the TV series took over our lives (okay, it definitely did) but we only made it halfway through the books. There are 16. 16!
7. Take part in a readalong! We need to get to grips with sacrificing sleep, but we’re getting there.
8. Defeat Mount TBR. Hahaha, yeah, that’s SO going to happen!
9. Have bookish stuff EVERYWHERE. Cushions, posters, fanart, t-shirts and everything we can get our hands on.
10. See a Shakespeare play at The Globe. We just really want to, okay?
11. Have our own personal library! We think this is one we all want.
12. Visit the British Library. So much beauty and bookish excellence.
13. Actually read ‘Games of Thrones’ as well as obsessing over the TV show. Because obsess we do…
14. Learn how to read and sleep at the same time. We love sleeping, but man does it cut into our reading time!
15. Have a book themed wedding! Alice in Wonderland? Jane Austen? Harry Potter? The Great Gatsby? All in one?!
16. Go back in time and meet Jane Austen. Can you even imagine how funny she is in person? Uh, we want to be BFFs.
17. Try and write a book. Maybe one day!
18. Own a first edition of a classic book. And then constantly panic about having a first edition of a classic book.
19. Visit Strand Bookstore. This legendary NYC bookstore boasts 18 miles of new, used and rare books. Yup.
20. Attend BEA! Seeing everything on Twitter, Instagram and booktube is slowly killing us.
What’s on your bookish bucket list? Let us know at @maximumpopbooks!
- 12 of the best YA that deal with grief and loss
- Wattpad Writers: ‘Dark and Dangerous Love’ author Molly Night shares her writing process + win 250 radish coins!
- MP! Reads: Liz Kessler reads from ‘Read Me Like a Book’ and it will make you feel stuff
- How to start a book blog: how to self promote
- Enter our ‘pets and pages’ photo competition and win many Morgan Matson goodies!
- Quiz: which John Green book are you, really?
- Bookshelf tours, hauls and filming on her iPhone: A Q&A with Jen Campbell
- WIN! 1 of 10 copies of ‘The Square Root of Summer’ by Harriet Reuter Hapgood
- In honour of Patrick Ness’s ‘The Rest of Us Just Live Here’, we bring you the Unchosen Ones of YA!