Which pop star has:
- Previously covered Ed Sheeran ‘The A Team’, Kygo’s ‘Firestone’ and Passenger’s ‘Let It Go’ in the Live Lounge?
- Featured on ‘The Fault in Our Stars’ and ‘The Hunger Games’ soundtracks?
- Released three albums before they turned 20?
- Was quoted saying they like to “write ghostly ballads on cold, winter mornings”?
- Had a song featured in an advert about horses?
It can only be…
The ‘Keeping Your Head Up’ singer tore herself away from her arena tour to come in and do the Live Lounge today with Clara Amfo, shattering millions of hearts all over the UK in the process.
Birdy revealed that her new album ‘Beautiful Lies’ was inspired by the Japanese book ‘Memoirs of a Geisha,’ the style of which lends itself to the overall theme of the album.
New single ‘Wild Horses’ is an empowerment anthem which Birdy wrote so that one of her friends would remember how strong she is. Her ‘Live Lounge’ performance of the track is nothing short of amazing. It’s one woman. One piano. And a whole nation of broken hearts.
She also performed a cover of Jonas Blue’s version of ‘Fast Car’, stating that the song’s original performer, Tracy Chapman, was a big influence on her music growing up.
IT’S JUST SO FRICKIN’ EMOTIONAL!
Once you’ve stopped bawling try to measure the amount of tears you cried and tweet us how many at @maximumpop. Or you could just tweet nice things about Birdy. Your choice.