YouTube phenomenon, Tyler Oakley has just released his debut book, ‘Binge’ which talks about never before spoken about stories that you wouldn’t find on his YouTube channel.
We sent MP!er Charlotte a copy of the book as part of our You Review. Here’s what she had to say.
How would you describe Tyler’s ‘Binge’ in a sentence? ‘Binge’ is a hilariously entertaining book that takes the reader on a roller coaster of emotions!
Tyler relives various personal topics that have happened to him, could you relate to any? I can’t completely relate to any of the situations specifically, but they definitely touch on elements that I think that just about everyone has come across before; embarrassment, confusion, self-hatred and depression.
Do you watch Tyler’s YouTube videos? Was the book anything like you expected after you’d seen how he is online? Because I’d only watched a few of his videos before, I didn’t really know what to expect from the book. All I knew was that he was super funny and I was hoping that the book would be the same. I can assure that I wasn’t disappointed!
Have you ever come up with a lie to get a photo with someone you fancy? I can’t say I have actually, but hey, there’s still time, right?
Some of the stories had us laughing for ages, which part did you find the funniest? It was definitely the chapter titled ‘fecal matters’ – it was brutally honest with no sugarcoating whatsoever which made it ten times funnier. I just could. not. stop. laughing!
What do you think of the cover? Does it translate well to the stories in ‘Binge’? Personally, I love the cover. It’s bright, colourful and eye-catching and is cleverly related to the main concept of the book. Also, I love the fact that Tyler has decided to bring out different versions of the cover for the book tour!
Have you read any other YouTuber books? What do you think of them? Yes, so far I’ve read ‘Girl Online’, the ‘Pointless Book 2’ and ‘Love Tanya’ and I thought they all brought something different to the publishing world. There’s such a variety of YouTuber books available now that you can always find something that will appeal to you – #TeamInternet is taking over the world!
Rate out of 10. 9/10
Get more bingeworthy articles below
- We can’t keep our chill over Tyler’s epic new read.
- Fancy seeing Tyler on his UK book tour?
- Let’s lust over that cover reveal just one more time. #Flawless
- Take our quiz to find out which YouTuber book you should buy.
- Want to grab a copy of Tyler’s ‘Binge’ in exchange for an honest review?
- Find out what happened when we meet the queen himself at his Cardiff book signing.
- Can we see Tyler’s one that got away in his spectacle reflection?
- Zoella thinks you should grab ‘Binge’ on audiobook.
- You can win a SIGNED COPY of ‘Binge’ with our new competition!
- Get to know one of Tyler’s ex’s, Adam.
- Have a sneak peak at ‘The Gay Chapter’, what’s better than a totally free read? Nothing.
- We have a second SIGNED COPY of ‘Binge’ to give away!