‘X Factor’ season is almost here again and we simply cannot wait.
In fact it might even be one of our favourite times of the year.
This year, ‘The X Factor’ has had a mass clear out and brought back in some old faces. We’ll get to see Dermot O’Leary’s moves once again as host, and Louis Walsh, Sharon Osbourne and the shamazing Nicole Scherzinger are back on the judging panel with Simon Cowell.
That means Nick Grimshaw, Cheryl and Rita Ora are out of the door. Boo. :-(
But we’ve been thinking; over the years, ‘The X Factor’ UK and the short-lived US version of the show have had some amazing pop stars take on the important judging role. With that in mind, we’ve come up with the ULTIMATE list of the best songs by ‘X Factor’ judges… EVER!
9) Alexandra Burke – ‘Start Without You’: She was only an ‘X Factor’ judge for one weekend but what an impact. Plus, this is still a bop so we had to include it.
8) Nicole Scherzinger – ‘Don’t Hold Your Breath’: Nicole might just be the reigning X Factor queen, having been asked to come back THREE times now. Slay queen!
7) Kelly Rowland – ‘Commander’: The X Factor landed it’s own child of Destiny when Kelly Rowland joined the team in 2011. She was also the leader and Commander of the EDM trend of the early ’00s
6) Tulisa – ‘Young’: The Female Boss joined the ranks with Ms. Kelly in 2011 and ‘The X Factor’ was never the same again.
5) Cheryl – ‘Promise This’: Cheryl left behind #TeamGirlsAloud for #TeamXFactor in 2008 and enjoyed a successful few years, winning the competition two years in a row with Alexandra Burke and Joe McElderry
4) Rita Ora – ‘I Will Never Let You Down’: Speaking of winners, Rita Ora is ‘The X Factor”s most recent winner with Louisa Johnson. Although we do wish she could have stayed around a little longer…
3) Cheryl – ‘Call My Name’: Making a second appearance, Cheryl took a little break from ‘The X Factor’ in 2012 and released this mega bop
2) Nicole Scherzinger – ‘Your Love’: We were all singing ‘Your Love’ in 2014 and if you say you weren’t, you’re lying.
1) Demi Lovato – ‘Cool For The Summer’: There was no way this COULDN’T be number one, although we did cheat a little since Demi was only a judge on the US version of ‘The X Factor.’ But hey, she helped give us Fifth Harmony in 2013, so surely she gets to win on that alone, right?
So what do you think of our list? Is Demi your number one too? Have we missed anyone? Tell us everything @maximumpop