And the winner is…Brennig Davies from Wales for his story ‘Skinning’, a tale of one boy’s transition to manhood with a twist, inspired by William Golding and author’s three cats.
Not only is Brennig the first winner of the BBC YWA, but he is also the youngest, being 15 years old. Dying to hear the incredible story that secured him this #1 spot amongst young writers across Britain? Tune in to BBC Radio 1’s Huw Stephen’s show at 11pm tonight (Tuesday 6th October) to hear his story read aloud by none other than the great Ian McKellen.
On top of this amazing opportunity, Brennig will also be receiving personal mentoring sessions with internationally bestselling author and one of this year’s Young Writers’ Award judges, Matt Haig, to better his writing skills even further.
More bookish articles?
- MP! talks to Nicholas Sparks: “there’s no formula for a love story“
- Check out author Amy Lukavics’ casting for her new terrifying read, ‘Daughters Unto Devils’ with Evan Peters, Ansel Elgort and MORE
- New releases, jewellery, stationary and EXCLUSIVE items – Illumicrate is our new fave quarterly box subscription service
- MP! Review: The Worldwalker series blasts you into a new world you won’t want to leave
- 5 reasons you need to get yourself to Book It! – YA Festvial 2-11th October
- 2 creepy stories you can scare yourself silly with this Halloween – Amy Lukavics approved!
- Start your book right with tips from Samantha Shannon, bestselling author & BBC Young Writers Award judge