Liz Kessler’s debut YA ‘Read Me Like A Book’ has just been released in paperback. Yuss! A gorgeous story about first loves, and first heartbreaks, and how love is love, regardless.
But if this total boss lady of an author has somehow passed you by then we’re here to tell you all the reasons why we think she’s a legend. (Bonus reason – look at that dog. So cute!)
1. ‘Read Me Like A Book’ may be her first YA, but she’s also written a at least 14 other books for children and MG readers. Wowzer.
— Liz Kessler (@lizkesslerbooks) April 7, 2016
2. She writes some absolutely wonderful blog posts alongside other fab authors @ ‘An Awfully Big Blog Adventure’.
— Liz Kessler (@lizkesslerbooks) April 24, 2016
3. Liz is also so warm and kind on social media. We’re glad she has a sense of humour…
@BehindOnBooks So you weren't lying about the stalker tendencies then, huh?
— Liz Kessler (@lizkesslerbooks) April 8, 2016
At least… we HOPE! Or one of our team members might be receiving a restraining order.
5. She says on her website that “I have lived on a narrowboat and in a motorhome.” – Uber cool points right there. And now she lives in Cornwall with this view from the office:
— Liz Kessler (@lizkesslerbooks) April 19, 2016
Jealous? Yeah. We are too.
6. And an absolute PRO on panels. Spotted recently at the Porthleven Literary Festival, but can always be relied on to give such thoughtful and witty replies to questions.
Are you convinced? Of course you are! And if you wanna get your hands on that paperback, then click here.
- WIN: Alexandra Bracken’s ‘Passenger’ suitcase prize, plus runners up get “totes” amaze stuff!
- Can you spot Shakespeare in this ‘Where’s Willy?’ challenge?
- Cassandra Clare the most dedicated fans ever!
- 15 #perfectlyflawed gif reactions to reading Cecelia Ahern’s YA debut
- Maximum Pop! Books is on Facebook!
- Shadowhunter Super Fan Event in Snaps: 25 pics from Saturday’s event
- Discover your current book vibe based on your favourite musical!