There are few things more happy-making than a box full of surprise bookish goodies through the post. It’s no surprise we love YA subscription boxes, really…
The August YA Chronicles box made us giddy with excitement. It’s def one of the best boxes we’ve ever had our grabby hands on.
First up is this gorgeous Library Card scarf. It’s so soft and we put it on as soon as we got it out of the box. Then we obvs had to take it straight back off again because, you know, strange British summer heatwaves. But we can’t wait for Autumn to show its face so we can wear it every day.
Then came every bookworm’s essential – a Mini Book Light! No more dragging yourself out of bed to turn off the light after some bed time reading, just clip it on and read the night away. We’re a bit worried about how much our sleep is going to suffer now…
This glorious Bibliophile soap from Behind the Pages is everything. It smells completely glorious – paper, lattes and wood – AND it’s a YA Chronicles exclusive! It’s all natural and vegan too. You can find the rest of the soaps at their Etsy store here.
Last, but definitely not least, is the book: ‘Words in Deep Blue’ by Cath Crowley. It sounds so good we can’t even:
This is a love story.
It’s the story of Howling Books, where readers write letters to strangers, to lovers, to poets.
It’s the story of Henry Jones and Rachel Sweetie. They were best friends once, before Rachel moved to the sea.
Now, she’s back, working at the bookstore, grieving for her brother Cal and looking for the future in the books people love, and the words they leave behind.
Sounds incredible, right? But not only did we get a beautiful letter from Cath Crowley herself, we also spied a signed bookplate stuck inside the book. How cute is this inscription?!
Here’s everything we got in the August YA Chronicles box. We’re really rather chuffed tbh.
Now if you’ll excuse us, we need to take a bath and read our brand new book. Laters.
Sign up for The YA Chronicles right here.
That’s your favourite thing from the August YA Chronicles box? Let us know at @maximumpopbooks
- The A to Z of YA tropes we love to hate to love
- 7 book trailers that are better than binging on Netflix
- Quiz: How good is your memory? We bet you can’t match half these blurbs to their books
- 11 book covers that will make you cringe and hug your pretties
- Will Team Cargill or Team Furniss take the Heads Up crown?
- 8 of the worst things you can do to a book, ever
- Get the Look: Holly Smale’s ‘Head Over Heels’ has inspired us to embrace our model geek
- 9 ways to up your bookstagram game
- Here’s why you should have a problem with YA hate
- MP!’s Luke Franks chats to the authors who got published before finishing her A-levels