‘Am I Normal Yet?’ is about Evie. It’s also about OCD and mental health, dating and feminism, friendship and being a girl. It’s about being a teenager. It’s about starting again.
All Evie wants is to be normal. And now that she’s almost off her meds and at a new college where no one knows her as the-girl-who-went-nuts, there’s only one thing left to tick off her list… But relationships can mess with anyone’s head – something Evie’s new friends Amber and Lottie know only too well. The trouble is, if Evie won’t tell them her secrets, how can they stop her making a huge mistake?
Lucy The Reader, wonderful booktuber and overall human, recently reviewed Holly Bourne’s latest read. Speaking very highly of the first in her summer reading, she said, “It’s not a book I can find fault with because it was just written so perfectly and so carefully and so sensitively.”
Check out the full review below.
More bookish articles?
- Read the MP! exclusive extract of ‘Am I Normal Yet?’ by Holly Bourne
- We need YOU to review ‘Demon Road’ by Derek Landy
- Read the MP! exclusive extract of William Sutcliffe’s ‘Concentr8? – where London kids are controlled with prescription drugs
- Girl squads, trophy boyfriends and Taylor Swifty – check out Holly Bourne’s feature for MP!
- Check out our fave fan art for ‘The School For Good and Evil’
- We want YOU to review the ‘Worldwalker’ series by Josephine Angelini
- Check out Casey-Ann’s fan girl gush about our new fave series – ‘Worldwalker’
- Be seduced by our MP! exclusive extract of ‘Darkmere’ by Helen Maslin
- Books that make you go ‘hmm’: Sarah Crossan’s top thought-challenging reads
- Explore Derek Landy’s ‘Demon Road’ route with the official map