Team Tamlin or team Rhysand? If your on team IDGAF then what we’re about to say is probably not for you. Because Sarah J Maas’ second book in the series, ‘A Court of Mist and Fury’ has stirred up some serious feelings.
But it’s not just Maas that has this power over readers (to crush their hearts and dreams and OTP desires in one fatal blow). Here we “celebrate” some of the very best in SHIP WARS!
*spoiler alerts* – if you haven’t read these books then you’re soon gonna know who the love interests/rivals are. IRK!
1. ‘The Grisha Trilogy’ by Leigh Bardugo – Alina/The Darkling vs. Alina/Mal
WHY WOULD ALINA KISS THE DARKLING WHY
AND IN FRONT OF MAL
THE BOY SHE LOVES
— Leanne Michaelis (@creepkvtten) February 9, 2015
i'm so passionate about alina and the darkling they could have been such a POWER COUPLE
— ㅤpinned if unf (@jeonsjunhui) May 13, 2016
Or maybe there’s another player in this round?
2. ‘The Hunger Games’ by Suzanne Collins – Katniss/Gale vs. Katniss/Peeta
I'm so glad Katniss and Peeta ended up together. I honestly hate Gale so much.
— Daniel (@ArizOhma) May 26, 2016
Or, there was always this option…
Watching last Hunger Games and my mom yells "oh just have a threesome already, it's the future live a little" to Katniss, Peeta and Gale….
— Nick LaTona (@BigToneMeaty) June 6, 2016
3. ‘Vampire Academy’ by Richelle Mead – Rose/Dimitri vs. Rose/Adrian
I remember being happy about rose and dimitri getting together but I also wasn't happy at all because I knew adrian would get hurt
— vane (@werthecenter) May 5, 2016
Rose breaking up with Adrian for Dimitri destroyed my heart
— area 51👽 (@idkbutimjordy) April 20, 2016
I love Rose/Adrian so much but Rose/Dimitri will always be my OTP and that makes me so emotional
— j ♛ (@spaceboybucky) March 23, 2016
4. ‘The Infernal Devices’ by Cassandra Clare – Tessa/Will vs. Tessa/Jem
Why gotta choose?
Stop telling Tessa Gray to "make up her mind" she loved Jem and Will equally there's no reason she shouldn't be with both of them
— savannah (@tessacarstiars) May 29, 2016
5. ‘Twilight’ by Stephanie Meyer – (it had to be done) Bella/Edward vs. Bella/Jacob
I want abs, but i also want mcdonalds.
Is this the stress Bella went thru when she was decidin between team edward or team jacob cuz…
— Childish Bernstino (@romelloooo) May 27, 2016
don't get me wrong I am totally Team Edward but when Jacob tells Bella "I will flight for you until my heart stops beating" WOW like chills.
— MacKenzie (@mac_mcclain) May 21, 2016
6. ‘A Court of Mist and Fury’ by Sarah J Maas – Feyre/Tamlin vs. Feyre/Rhys
Also, this important question:
I havent finish first chapter of ACOMAF but apparently everyone is shipping Rhys and Feyre. Did Tamlin died or something?
— Grindelwald (@ekarosln) May 25, 2016
We got to see Feyre w/Tamlin as a naive, scared girl & now we see her come into her own w/her insane powers with Rhys. #ACOMAF
— Kailyn (@ForeverUrs16) May 19, 2016
So from what ive heard Tamlin and Feyre break up in ACOMAF? Then why did ACOTAR happen? Why wasn't she just taken by Rhys instead of Tamlin?
— Leonie Christel ☀ (@thebookleo) May 12, 2016
SO IS FEYRE'S MATE REALLY RHYS OR TAMLIN I'M EXPLODING
— phoebe from fob (@burnedinmymind) May 8, 2016
Looks like y’all have to wait until book 3 for this to all get ironed out, yeah? But if you still need to get your copy of ACOMAF you can grab it here.
Which side of this ship war do you fall on? Tweet us @maximumpopbooks
Visit the World of Sarah J Maas for all the fandom, and maybe some illumination on this matter? Maybe? Probs not…
- Some of the best YA trans lit including ‘If I Was Your Girl’ by Meredith Russo
- Join CJ Flood for a spot of nightwandering this June
- From self-confidence to tough times, we share some of our favourite nuggets of wisdom from ‘Notes on Being Teenage’
- The full YALC schedule has been released! Wanna see?
- QUIZ: Are these Taylor Swift lyrics or classic novel quotes?
- Quiz: We bet you haven’t read all of Jacqueline Wilson’s books!
- Call yourself a fan of LGBT+ YA? We bet you haven’t read all of these…
- A Guide to Literary Brighton
- Jenny Downham’s ‘Unbecoming’ is so quotable you’ll run out of page markers, wanna see?