If we went to Hogwarts (we’re STILL HOPING) then we’d totally be terrified of McGonagall. Forget Snape, it’s all about the fearsomely brilliant Transfiguration professor.
And she just got cooler and coller as the series went on. We ended up just wanting to be her…
Transfiguring into a cat might actually be the most genius way of scaring your new students into behaving
Punishment? What punishment? Be the Gryffindor seeker instead!
MgGonagall’s defence of Professor Trelawny in the face of Umbridge’s evil makes us rather emosh tbh
Her dance with Ron in ‘Goblet of Fire’ was one of the funniest bits in all 8 movies
Flawless insults in alliteration is a seriously underrated skill
The way she welcomed Harry back before the Battle of Hogwarts obvs didn’t make us tear up *sniffles*
Making dreams come true since 1935
Minerva McGonagall doesn’t tremble in fear
She may be a professor, but she STILL loves magic and finds the forbidden spells hard to resist
Tell us about your favourite McGonagall moments at @maxmimumpopbooks
- Think you know Gandolf from Grindlewald? We challenge you to conquer the ultimate bookish fantasy quiz
- 6 readathons you deserve a gold medal for taking part in
- Quiz: which ‘Harry Potter’ character are you based on your fave member of Little Mix?
- It’s time to make notes because Hannah Witton has been dishing out tips on ‘Doing It’
- This is the best thing since Hogwarts for under £20 and we’ve got a pair of tickets up for grabs!
- Star author Lisa Heathfield gave us 7 tips to get us on our way to a bestseller
- Quiz: total princess or intrepid potion maker – which ‘Potion Diaries’ characters are you?