Ok, ok. So some of us will 100% be spending New Year’s Eve tucked up with a good book (like Holly Bourne’s ‘…And A Happy New Year’ for instance). And that’s a life choice. And we’ve made it. But then, some of you nutty bookworms might also be out there PARTYING LIKE IT’S 1999!
And that’s totally cool too. So here’s 9 ways to celebrate NYE, both loud, and blissfully quiet:
1. The most obvious. The most classic. Fireworks. And the best thing is, if you’re not near the Southbank or any fireworks at all, you can watch it on TV. In the warm. YAAS!
2. Get crafty.
Wut? We know. It sounds odd. But you can find tutorials online to make all kinds of celebratory things. Like crackers, or streamers, or anything your little crafty heart desires!
3. Read a book.
Yep. You knew this had to be on here, right? But seriously. Grab an old favourite, or something new, and welcome in the new year in serious bookish style. YES QWEEN!
4. The emoji magic eight ball.
The what now? And again this requires a little handiwork, but once it’s done you can ask it all your burning questions for the year to come! Maybe it can help you set your reading goals for 2017?
5. PHOTO BOOTH!
Having friends over? Set up your own photo booth with some card or a sheet as a backdrop and get creative. How about recreating some of your fave book covers from 2016? NOW THAT sounds like an epic challenge!
6. Make a resolutions jar.
Or a TBR jar. Or a motivation jar. Just something to really get you pumped about the new year. Write down whatever on pieces of paper, fold ’em up, and put ’em in a jar! And then kick 2017’s butt!
Because sometimes we do forget to look after ourselves. To TRULY look after ourselves. Take some time to focus on numero uno. Have a spa style bath. Pamper yo’self. Read. Watch Netflix. And just reflect on the year. But most importantly, look forward.
What? Have we already said that? :p
However you spend it, just make sure it’s what YOU want to do. Surround yourself with good people, have a good time ‘…And Happy New Year’!
How will you be spending NYE? Tell us in the comments below!
- WIN! Get body beautiful for 2017 with 1 of 5 Instagram-approved Kayla Itsines books
- JK Rowling has just released something every ‘Fantastic Beasts’ fan has been waiting for
- If Dumbledore had Snapchat
- Alwyn Hamilton re-designs the stunning ‘Rebel of the Sands’ cover…wow
- 7 epic fictional worlds AG Howard should write about next
- WIN! 1 of 10 copies of Phil Earle’s heart-squeezing novella ‘Mind the Gap’