We here at Maximum Pop! know all too well the sheer amount of books released on 7th April. New reads from Holly Smale, Derek Landy, Sophia Bennett and Alexandra Bracken are all hitting bookstores today, and we want answers.
After some super scientific research (trust us, we’re professionals) we came to the conclusion that this influx of titles was due to a combination of factors:
- The stars are finally in position
Well, not any stars we know of yet, but it’s almost entirely probable that there are stars out there somewhere that have got in position today. We had a look about with a telescope last night, and it seems like a pretty legit reason.
We all know how fickle stars can be, after all.
2. Witch’s curse
Well, this witch was also an unpublished author. And so to curse the publishing industry for never publishing her life’s work, she made it that ALL the book’s would come out on the day she received her final rejection letter (7th April) and cause havoc across the bookish community.
Overwhelming TBRs, bank accounts emptying, back strain as you cart all your new purchases home…witchcraft.
3. Poor security
Publishers can be terribly busy people, but really, their security has been particularly sloppy today with so many of their books escaping into bookstores. Be free, little paperbacks…or at least find a new adoring master and bookshelf to live on.
4. Good karma
Okay, which of you wonderful bookworms actually read their entire TBR and reviewed all the proof copies they got sent? This is some universal karma rewarding you, for sure.
And that is exactly why there are a million books released on 7th April. Probably.
- Cast your votes for the best YA cover of April!
- QUIZ: In honour of Sophia Bennett’s ‘Love Song’, we gotta ask… How much of a fangirl are you?
- 5 Reasons to Read Richard Kurti’s ‘Maladapted’ like, right now
- Shiels, Student Body Chair and heroine of ‘Hot Pterodactyl Boyfriend’, interviews Pyke the pterodactyl
- MP! Reads: Listen to Chris Vick read from his debut ‘Kook’
- Alan Cumyn’s dream cast for ‘Hot Pterodactyl Boyrfriend’, including Michael Cera and Michael B Jordan!