Book BFFs are the best kind of BFFs. Having a fictional crush crisis? Need to theorise about the next book in a series? Need someone to help justify needing 3 copies of the same book? Who you gonna call? THEM.
Here are the joyous stages of making a new book BFF.
1. Spotting someone reading a book you recognise.
2. You both pop to the bookstore and end up staying for 3 hours.
3. You meet up with your other friends and end up ignoring everyone else to talk books.
4. Eyeing up their bookshelf looking for books you have yourself.
5. Finding out they love your favourite book too.
6. Most of your texts, Tweets, messages and everythings are about books.
7. That’s it. Book BFFs forever.
Tell us about your book BFF at @maximumpopbooks!
- “One time someone even sent me a dead cockroach”: ‘The Moonlight Dreamers’ author Siobhan Curham shares some fantastic stories in this Q&A
- 11 international covers that will completely change how you feel about the book
- Quiz: all these authors were born in July… how many books have they published though?
- These limited editions of your favourite books will seriously test your cool
- Quiz: are these Little Mix lyrics or Harry Potter quotes?
- Siobhan Curham’s ‘The Moonlight Dreamers’ proves why Oscar Wilde is still the bookish boss-man
- WIN! 1 of 3 bundles of the whole DIMILY trilogy + read the first 3 chapters of DIMIMY!
- #ThisRagingLightMP: Estelle Laure’s ‘This Raging Light’ will leave you with more questions that an answers…and our you reviewers love it!